Couture Bridez - Exclusive Garter Designs

Monday, September 21, 2009

My Wedding Monday - My Wedding Planners



While I can't directly plug my own business or anyone elses business for my wedding, today's entry is a thanks to our family and friends.
Mat and I were planning our Sydney, from the far north coast town of Coffs Harbour, so we needed to enlisted the help of our family and friends to organise our wedding.
  • I trusted my matron of honour and bridesmaids, with the single instruction of 'lavender'. Tick
  • My mother-in-law to be had the job of arranging my flowers. Tick
  • My mum and a handfull of great girlfriends, decorated our venue. Tick
  • The bestman was to acquire sizes of other groomsmen for their suits. Tick
  • My dad organised our transport. Tick
  • My father-in-law picked up suits. Tick
  • My mother-in-law had a friend make our cake. Tick
We were kept in the loop with all the planning and decisions that we asked our family and friends to look after for us, but with the distance between our home and wedding venues, it was important that we could trust our delegations.

Not everything was perfect!
  • While I made a fashionably late entry, the car for my Groom and his guys was late.
  • Caterers forgot milk and sugar for the reception
  • We forgot to organise someone to bring our guest book and Bride & Groom Toasting glasses

While I am not an advocate of having family be directly involved in your services, eg, making your cake, dress, flowers or being your only photographer (incase of accidents or something not being right on the day), I do support your family supporting and assisting you, so that you are able to enjoy and relax on your wedding day.

If you don't have family that you can rely on in this situation, we suggest that you contact us to further discuss our Planning and Wedding Day Coordination Services... Your Special Day.


Thanks to my brother-in-law Greg, for looking after my shoes!
If you need help, ask for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment